Friday, August 8, 2008

More Montana

Day two, check.

I will admit that Montana is a beautiful state, but really, does it ever end?!?! We are now in Glendive, MT. We were on the road for 15 hours today! Granted that includes stopping for two meals, breaks, and a good deed in Lame Deer, but still.
Today's adventures including seeing signs for the World Famous Testicle Festival in Clinton, MT. (no we didn't stop). We also passed through Jens City. Nobody told me I had my own city.
We later pulled off at Warm Springs, which happens to also be the exit for the State Hospital. I think Rachon and Erik had plans to leave me there, but I wouldn't have it. Not after being eaten alive by the malaria infested mosquitos.
Today we also crossed over the continental divide, making our highest point for the day at 6,393ft. That is a fun drive with a Penske truck (not really of course).
Part of what made our day so long was detouring off of I-90 to go to Lame Deer, MT. We took 3 boxes of childrens books to the Boys and Girls Club there. They will be be put to good use there, so we were very glad to do it.
Other random facts for the day:
U-Hauls seen: 15
Penskes seen: 11
P.O.D.S. seen: 0
Tractors seen in our first 100 miles of driving today: 71
Times passing the Clark Fork river again: 3 for a total of 16 times
Vehicals we passed: 9
Life lesson learned today from road signs: "Don't stick that elbow out to far, it might go home in a different car."

Take care all!
Love
Jen

4 comments:

AuntieL said...

So relieved your good deed didn't involve laming a deer. Great writing Jen! We're at Whistler... 2bear sightings yesterday. I'm trying to entice one into a box to send you. Be careful if you get something from Canada.xoxo

Rachael said...

Its so fun to keep up with your travels! And of course you don't put your elbow out... you always keep your elbow up!! ;-)

RootN4U said...

Wanta see my elbow?

Unknown said...

cant find pics. of the storm.thanks for the phone calls. keep me posted love Dad